Friday, October 17, 2008

Baking GALS, I found us a soldier!!!

Since Randy's friend is in training in the states right now, I have been asking around to try to find us a soldier for this round. I asked people I know who have served and returned, people who are vets of other wars, friends, family and co-workers, even asked on a couple message boards! Do you believe, no one had anyone they knew overseas at the moment? That's good I guess, but I didn't want a team with no soldier. Well, just now, I asked a few more co-workers...and of course I got THREE soldiers! lol...I guess when it rains it pours. Well, one of them is the nephew of a former partner of mine, and he was very excited about the idea, so I told him to get me the address and a little bio on his nephew. So far, I know he's served four tours...this might even be his fifth...and has a wife and two children at home. I will pass on more info as I get it. I just found out about two hours ago that my job is switching my hours all around so I'll be working midnights next week and I should see Dennis (the uncle) on Monday night as I come in for the night and he leaves for the night and hopefully he'll have the address and more info then. The other two soldiers, I will try to find teams to sponsor, or maybe we can do one of the others next round.
I hope everyone is having a great Friday! I got up early to make the two Truffle recipes I mentioned early. Unfortunately, I had two million (give or take) things to get done today and I didn't have time to roll them into actual truffles yet, so they're in their bowls in a cooler in my car, waiting patiently for me to finish them! If they turn out good, I'll post the recipes.

No comments: