Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's official, I'm a BAKING GAL!!

I have a habit of making short stories long, but I'll try to do the opposite here since it's late and I have to get up early.
Randy has a friend, Dan, who was a school teacher in New Jersey on 9/11. He saw, firsthand, the horror of that day. He has since changed careers, and is now in the military. Randy has been wanting to send Dan a care package and we both had been wanting to do something to show our support for our brave soldiers overseas. The solution was obvious, since I'm a crazy cookie maker. We decided to make a day of it and send out some love to the soldiers. Unfortunately, aside from Dan, we didn't personally know of anyone else to send them to and that's not the kind of thing you can send to someone who doesn't know you, so we were at a loss until Randy found Operation Baking Gals. After sending in our information (so they knew we were safe), we joined four teams and sent out care packages filled with cookies and DVDs.
Now, we are heading up a team and looking for volunteers to bake for our team, "Just Add Nuts". If you're a baker and interested in being on our baking team, please send me an email: valsteam2060@yahoo.com. We can get started by you sending me your full name and address, and telling me something about you and why you want to participate. Also, please sign up on the Baking Gals website: www.bakinggals.com . You can join our team, or a different one.
I will eventually put up more information about packaging the cookies and sending them out. There is also some information on the baking gals site.
So wow, that's all I have to say for now, I think this is my shortest blog yet! lol
Have a good night everyone,
Val

No comments: