Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cookie Day 2008

This year's Crazy Cookie day will take place on November 23. As I mentioned in my first blog, I've cut down to 25 cookies for the day. This is really bothering me though and I spent a lot of today online looking at more recipes...shhh, don't tell anyone! But as of now, there remain only 25 cookies on my list and I've already divided up the ingredients into six grocery lists. I hand them out as early as I can so that the participants get a chance to buy ingredients on sale. Even at regular price the ingredients shouldn't be more than around $30 per person, so that's still not bad for 25 different kinds of cookies to give as gifts or share at holiday get togethers.

Here's 2008's list:

  1. Sugar Cookies
  2. Turtles
  3. Sandies
  4. Cinnamon Spirals
  5. Oatmeal Raisin
  6. Almond Chocolate Chippers
  7. Coconut Nests
  8. Spritz
  9. Chocolate Ting-A-Lings
  10. Candy Cane Puffs
  11. Chocolate Oat Chewies
  12. Jam Thumbprints
  13. Snowball Jewels
  14. Pecan Tassies
  15. Choco-Caramel Cookies
  16. Rocky Road Bars
  17. German Chocolate Bars
  18. Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Walnut Cookies
  19. Sugar Plums
  20. Peanut Butter
  21. Toffee Squares
  22. Praline Cookies
  23. Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
  24. Ginger Sandwich Wafers
  25. Shortbread Fingers

And that's it...for now...stay tuned for updates and some shared recipes from this year's bake...

No comments: