Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Recipe # 20 Peanut Butter

I have yet to find a Peanut Butter cookie recipe I think is perfect. I used to make some in my Easy Bake Oven that were fabulous, at least according to my memory, but I lost the recipe. I do remember it only had about four ingredients and the cookies were shaped like fists...well, maybe that was because I didn't understand the "form into balls" part so I just squeezed some dough together in my hand, lol! But they were also quite crumbly so they wouldn't really work for cookie trays anyway...sigh.
My mom prefers the peanut butter cookies where you press a chocolate kiss into them, but since we already have another cookie that has a kiss pressed in, we decided to go with another stand-by, the criss-cross fork tine pattern. They're easy, they taste good, they fit trays nice...sounds like a keeper to me.

Peanut Butter cookies
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda

Thoroughly cream margarine, peanut butter, sugars, egg and vanilla. Blend in baking soda and flour, mixing well.
Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Press a fork's tine into each cookie twice at ninety degree angles. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from baking sheets.

No comments: